Vinegar is a versatile and eco-friendly cleaner that can help you keep your kitchen appliances sparkling and germ-free. Here are some of the benefits of using vinegar as a kitchen sanitizer spray :
- Vinegar is made of acetic acid, which can kill some common bacteria and viruses, such as salmonella and E. coli.
- Vinegar can dissolve grease, dirt, and mineral deposits that can build up on your appliances over time.
- Vinegar can remove odours and stains from your devices, leaving them fresh and shiny.
- Vinegar is safe to use on most surfaces and materials if you dilute it with water and avoid using it on sensitive items, such as marble, granite, or aluminium.
- Vinegar is cheap and easy to find. You can buy a gallon of distilled white vinegar for less than $5 at most grocery stores.
How to Use Vinegar as a Kitchen Sanitizer Spray ?
To use vinegar as a kitchen sanitizer spray , you’ll need a spray bottle, water, and white vinegar. You can add some essential oils or citrus peels to give your spray a pleasant scent and boost its cleaning power. Here are the steps to make and use your vinegar spray:
- Fill your spray bottle with a 1:1 ratio of water and vinegar. This will dilute the vinegar enough to make it safe and effective for most appliances.
- If you want to add fragrance and extra benefits to your spray, you can drop some essential oils or citrus peels. For example, you can use lemon, orange, grapefruit, or lime peels to add a fresh and citrusy smell to your spray. You can also use tea tree, lavender, or peppermint essential oils to add some antimicrobial and antifungal properties to your spray. Just be careful not to use too much, as some essential oils can harm children or pets if ingested. A few drops of each oil or a handful of peels should be enough.
- Shake your spray bottle well to mix the ingredients. Your vinegar spray is ready to use!
- To use your vinegar spray, spray it on the appliance you want to clean and wipe it off with a clean cloth or sponge. You can use it on most devices, such as your refrigerator, oven, microwave, dishwasher, coffee maker, toaster, blender, etc. Avoid spraying it on any electrical parts or sensitive materials, such as marble, granite, or aluminium.
- For stubborn stains or build-up, let the vinegar spray sit for a few minutes before wiping it off. You can also use a soft brush or a toothbrush to scrub the hard-to-reach areas. For appliances with removable parts, such as filters, trays, or baskets, you can soak them in a bowl of vinegar and water for a few hours or overnight, then rinse them well and dry them before putting them back.
- After cleaning your appliances with vinegar, you can rinse them with water or wipe them with a damp cloth to remove any vinegar residue or smell. You can also use some soap and water to clean them. Then, dry them with a clean cloth or paper towel and enjoy your sparkling and sanitized appliances!
Tips and Tricks to Use Vinegar as a Kitchen Sanitizer Spray
Here are some tips and tricks to make the most of your vinegar spray and keep your kitchen appliances in tip-top shape:
- To make your vinegar spray last longer, store it in a cool and dark place, away from direct sunlight or heat sources. You can also label your spray bottle with the date you made it and the ingredients you used so you can keep track of its freshness and potency.
- To prevent your appliances from getting dirty or smelly in the first place, try to clean them regularly and wipe any spills or crumbs as soon as they happen. You can also use some baking soda or lemon juice to deodorize your appliances and keep them smelling fresh.
- To disinfect your appliances more thoroughly, you can use a commercial antibacterial cleaner or bleach on the surfaces that need to be germ-free, such as your cutting boards, countertops, or sink. Just rinse them well and dry them after using these cleaners, and don’t mix them with vinegar, as this can create toxic fumes.
Vinegar is an excellent kitchen sanitizer spray to sanitize your appliances with a natural and cheap solution. Following the steps and tips in this article, you can make your own vinegar spray and use it to clean and disinfect your appliances efficiently and effectively. Try it out and see the difference for yourself!